Herbed Chicken Meatball Wraps
nutrient-dense and flavorful meal. Not only are these meatballs easy to make, they can be
frozen to provide a backup meal for the days when you are running short on time.
- 1 pound ground chicken
scallions, both white and green parts, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons
chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 large lettuce leaves
medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, scallions, garlic, mint, oregano, and egg. Stir well.
- Using your hands, form the meat mixture into balls about the size of a tablespoon, making about 24 balls. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip with a spatula, and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- In each lettuce leaf, place two meatballs and several bell pepper and carrot strips. Top with 2 tablespoons of Cucumber-Yogurt Dip. Wrap the leaves around the filling and serve with the dip.
- Substitution tip: You can use ground turkey instead of chicken. And if you don’t like lettuce wraps, feel free to substitute whole-wheat tortillas or wraps.