Avocado and Goat Cheese Toast
- 2 slices whole-wheat thin-sliced bread
(I love Ezekiel sprouted bread and Dave’s Killer Bread)
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- In a toaster or broiler, toast the bread until browned.
- Remove the flesh from the avocado. In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash the avocado flesh. Spread it onto the toast.
- Add any toppings and serve.
- Option tip: The options for topping avocado toast are endless. Some more ideas include adding a handful of microgreens, a tablespoon of crushed nuts, a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, a couple of tomato slices, or a poached egg. Just remember that any add-ins will change the nutrient profile.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt-free all-purpose seasoning (such as Spike or Mrs. Dash)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook turkey breakfast sausage. Then set aside to cool slightly.
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add hash browns, scallions, cheese, bell pepper, onion, and cooked sausage. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt-free seasoning, and pepper. Pour over the hash brown mixture and mix again to incorporate.
- Cook on high 4 hours.