Asian-Style Grilled Beef Salad
- ¼ cup
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound grass-fed flank steak
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chopped leaf lettuce
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly cut into half moons
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- TO MAKE THE DRESSING :In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tamari, olive oil, garlic, honey, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SALAD
- Season the beef on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over high heat until hot. Cook the beef for 3 to 6 minutes per side, depending on preferred doneness. Set aside, tented with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, cucumber, onion, carrot, and cilantro.
- Slice the beef thinly against the grain and transfer to the salad bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss. Serve.
- Substitution tip: To save on prep time, use a packaged, prewashed baby greens salad mix in place of the chopped lettuce.